Friday, April 13, 2012

evTD Project Overview


Fred Behning's evTD Project


Having completed the eBugeye project, I was struck with the fact that my EV was running great and didn't need me any more. Another opportunity appeared in the form of a forlorn replica of an early 1950's MG TD that was built around 1983 on a 1973 Volkwagen Beetle chassis.


It was sitting on a side street in my neighborhood, and the first time I inquired about the car, I was told that it had been sold and was scheduled to be picked up the next day. Two weeks later it was still there, so knocking on the door again, I learned that the sale had fallen though and the asking price was very reasonable. So another project is now in my garage. Here are a few more views as it sat on the street.












The chrome and canvas were in remarkably good condition, but the gel coat (color) had faded from exposure to the Texas sun. The passenger side floorboard had rusted away and there were mud dauber nests everywhere. Looked like a perfect project!




No comments:

Post a Comment