Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tesla Service Center

After visiting the Tesla Showroom yesterday, I'm on my way to play a concert this morning with my quintet and noticed a new sign on Burnet Road, Tesla Service. I resolved to stop and check it out after the concert and glad that I did!




That's my Nissan Leaf parked out front. No signs of activity, so I walked around the side and there were two Tesla Model S sedans parked outside. Taking a closer look through the open shop door made my jaw drop ...








Inside were eight more Model S's being prepped for customer delivery, along with a customer owned Roadster in for service. That's well over a million dollars worth of Teslas in one place.










I had a chance to chat with a customer who took delivery of his car yesterday and one of the service techs who was supervising the detailing activity. They confirmed the impression I got from the showroom yesterday that Tesla views Austin as a key market and is taking a serious initiative here. I wish them the best! 






Maybe in two years when the lease is up on my Leaf, they'll have built their volume enough to pull the price down to something I can consider.








1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised they have so many. The Houston showroom has signs saying it's illegal to offer them for sale or test drive in TX.

    ReplyDelete