Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New Floor Pans

Things are starting to come together. I decided to switch from the Kostov motor that I had on order to a Netgain Impulse9. They are within fractions of an inch in length so either should fit the space available. The Impulse9 is a bit more expensive, but the more I thought about it, I really wanted to buy the US made product. I'm sure the Kostov would have been just fine, but I want to support American vendors like Netgain and Rebirth Auto/Evnetics who are making it possible for folks like me to build EV conversions.



Robert Juarez has been very busy and sent some photos of the chassis restoration. I'm very excited to see the transformation in the rusty old VW Beetle chassis from this:






























Old floors removed:

















Shiny new floors welded in place:

















Beautiful finished chassis:




Too bad no one will ever see this after the body is reinstalled, but the foundation is now laid for a solid build. Many thanks to Robert for his expert craftsmanship!

No comments:

Post a Comment